Thursday, March 6, 2008

What If?

What if I climbed that mountain, what if I swam to that shore?
What if every battle was victorious? Then would you love me more?
Would you love me more?

What if I were everyone's first choice, what if I went farther than before?
What if I stood high above the rest? Then would you love me more?
Would you love me more?

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do.
You say I belong to you. I'm in awe of why you do.
I'm in awe of you.

What if I ignored the hand that fed me, what if I forgot to confess?
What if I stumbled down that mountain? Then would you love me less?
Lord would you love me less?

What if I were everyone’s last choice?
What if I mixed in with the rest?
What if I failed what I passed before? Then would you love me less?
Would you love me less?

What have I done to deserve your son sent to die for me?
You say I belong to you apart from the things I do.
You say I belong to you.
I'm in awe of why you do.

No comments: